Given the current circumstances everyone is facing, we hope this message finds you healthy and well. There is a lot of uncertainty at the moment and the majority of this is outside of our control. As such, this message will focus on those things we can regulate. Currently, TVYFL is operating as if the season will continue as scheduled. Instead of changing direction based on new information published daily, we have identified decision points where we can make course corrections as we prepare for the coming season.
Any decision to adjust the season will be made by July 31st. The Executive Board will prepare alternative scenarios in June; these could include starting the season later, shortening the season or canceling if that is necessary.
Participation fees for the TVYFL are largely made up of Insurance and Officiating. Given the current environment, we will assess the collection of fees based on the following:
Insurance: In a regular season, we would purchase insurance for the coming year in July as we prepare to take the field in August for practices. We will assess the current situation by June 30th; that decision could be to continue as planned or to hold off purchasing insurance until a later date.
Officiating: we are not collecting officiating fees until we have a published schedule in August. TVYFL will not publish a schedule without facilities to host those games.
We are looking forward to a return to some normalcy and hopefully that includes football this Fall!